Who is getting the H1N1 shot? Who is getting the regular flu shot? Who is getting Both shots done?

I really like my dr and she suggested I get the H1N1 today, I trust her so I went ahead and got both of the shots done today. But for reason, I'm a little nervous about it. I would just like to know,

Has anyone got there H1N1 shot, flu shot or both done yet?

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• I will not get either of those shots. Even if i was a vaccinating mom i'd still never get either of those shots. Especially the H1N1.
    Have you read the ingredients?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Who is getting neither? ME! My kids aren't getting either one either, nor is my husband.
    Anonymous

• Nope. None. Flu shots are a scam and the h1n1 shot is a dangerous joke. They aren't proven to work. They are proven to have unpredictable dangerous side effects.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have received both shots, as have my husband and all three of my daughters. No side effects, not even a sore arm among us.

I am an RN. The people I am seeing admitted to the hospital are SICK with this virus, some have even died.

I have yet to have one patient who has been admitted to the hospital or died from getting the vaccine. You did the right thing.
    PurdueMom

Answer by PurdueMom at 10:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We got both. After both my sons, and myself being told we had H1N1, I wasn't taking the chance on getting the flu again. I actually ended up with a mild case of the flu, and a pretty ugly upper respiratory infxn. My oldest didn't have symptoms of the flu until a Monday morning when I took him in for strep throat. He had both strep and the flu. But since he had been sick for a few days, they didn't give him anything. My younger son came home from school that same Monday with a fever and body aches. That night he got a Rx for tamiflu. He was good to go in about 3 days.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• This has been asked hundreds of times. Read through the common questions section for more insight.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Had both given to my daughter. I'm not in high risk age group...but i had flu vaccine. No problems. Won't risk my child's LIFE for sensationalist information. You did the right thing.
    char944

Answer by char944 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have had both the seasonal and the H1N1. No side effects from either.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my peditrician advised me not to for either of my children, because she said that there was not enough info about it
    jess102208

Answer by jess102208 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have had both shots and one of our sons has also. No ill effects at all. I am a nurse and stay with a fragile patient. Just couldn't risk either of our health. Our son is in college, so just too much junk on campus not to get shot.
    mach5

Answer by mach5 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2009