wish wal mart still did lay away...why did they stop it??

ok hate walmart for taken lay away i know k mart near me still does it but everytime i decided im gonna do k mart i look at stuff and KNOW im paying more. ( xample went to buy a lantern for camping kmart price 26.00 walmart price for SAME lantern 13.88 ) so if i did lay away i know that i am spending at least 40-50.00 more. so i am mad at walmart and wish they would bring lay away back..even just for x mas. so anyone know why they stoped it? and do u do k mart lay away..what are your feelings/ thoughts.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• I heard from someone (I know people who work there and are managers and such) that they stopped it because they were paying too much for the storage. Alot of people didn't pick up their things so it was costing to store and then place it back on the floor.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• http://askville.amazon.com/SimilarQuestions.do?req=layaway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i can understand if there getting screwd but people like me who will put alot on layaway but i would always make my payments sometimes even a couple dollars more..whats that saying..one bad apple spolis the rest...such a bummer i could use them right now...
    Anonymous

• that and they have their own credit cards that americans just love. so if you think you'll save money buying their on credit, you can waste any savings on interest and late charges which they know some will have.
    but seriously, christmas comes every year at the same time. It doesn't magically appear every year on Dec.25. You know now, it will be next year on Dec.25, so start putting some cash away Jan.1 and then leave it alone.
    your layaway dilema is solved. you're welcome.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Well you have a choice you can either save up for it or you can take your income tax return (like me ) and buy presents with it. Yeah you gotta buy stuff in like Feb. but you got it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• because it was costing too much to keep it but I think site to store is better anyways because I think you may be able to pay for it when you pick it up :) I hate kmart too they are overpriced and Ihate their return policy :( No wonder they was in bankruptcy...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• because it was costing too much to keep it but I think site to store is better anyways because I think you may be able to pay for it when you pick it up :)

you pay in full before you have it sent to the store for site to store

OP: It's not having what you want, it's wanting what youve got~!
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just take the money you would normally put into layaway payments and put it in an envelope, and then take that money and buy your presents with it? There is a charge for layaway anyway - they don't do it for free.

Answer by missanc at 7:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009