bikini shopping

Ok i think i got it this time lol I am the onw that posted previously about going on a family vacation and I havent worn a bikini in years. I was just wondering if these two bikinis were appropriate to wear in front of my two teens? My daughter wont care at all but mt son might what do you guys think? They have muliple views so ake a peek i got the first one in green and the other in pink the bottoms on the pink look kinda skimpy let me know if it will look ok or if I should retuen them. Thanks.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EF-253666&page=1&cgname=OSSWMBIKZZZ&rfnbr=1232

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EF-253680&page=1&cgname=OSSWMBIKZZZ&rfnbr=1232

shayk32bc

Asked by shayk32bc at 10:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I didnt look at the pics but I am 16 and a mom and I dont wear bikinis anymore. You are an older mom, why cant you wear a one piece? I had my fiance buy me a pretty one piece and I was more comfortable in it around my little girl. If you wear a skimpy bikini around your daughter then it will send the message that you think it is ok. Are you letting her dress that way too!!?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The links just take you to Victoria Secret, not a specific bikini.
    Anonymous

• Apparently the OP is not a CafeMom member.
    Anonymous

• It's difficult to balance parental modesty with good body image. You don't want your teens saying "Ew, Mom. That's gross. Cover up." (not because of flab - just the fact that you are MOM) They don't want to see your skin and they don't want to think about you as an attractive person. Nor do you want to give an impression that you (or anyone) should be ashamed of your body. So... you go modest, probably in a one piece, and be confident in it.
    Now having said that... the standards are different around the country. If your a midwestern mom, definitely wear a one piece. If you're a CA mom, most likely they see 50 year olds in the grocery in a bikini top & shorts. Be the mom they expect, but be confident.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 11:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• They are both vary skipmy; i would never want to see my mom in them and im 18. Being said, i wont even wear a two piece, i always were a one piece or a two piece that covers everything.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think that it is your body do what you want with it I personally think that it is fine
    theperson175

Answer by theperson175 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009