My OBGYN has me worried...

Usually when there is unusual results in an ultrasound my doc will wait a day or two to call me and tell me we need to follow up. My Dr. called me 5 minutes before closing today to tell me there was something wrong with one of my ovaries on the ultrasound and wants a CT. Then she stayed late at the office (unheard of for her) and got me scheduled for a CT with contrast for Wednesday morning. She's rushing this so it's got me scared. Anyone have any incite??

KandWsmommy

Asked by KandWsmommy at 10:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• I am glad that the doctor cares enough to take care of you this way. Good for her! Yes, it does sound as though she feels that there is something that needs to be investigated. And waiting is the pits. Try to move through tomorrow calmly and not to panic. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I should probably have also mentioned that I have Endometriosis. 3 Surgeries for that and I have my tubes tied. The first ultrasound showed an "oddly" large endometrium lining. Not sure about the lining on this one but she said the concern was an ovary. When I google it to see what could be wrong it leads me to all sorts of horrible conclusions. Any idea what could be wrong.
    PS...I worry easily. LOL
    KandWsmommy

Answer by KandWsmommy at 10:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• yes it does sound like something is wrong. . . however its nice that she is taking such care. lay down and rest untill the ct contrast.
    dont wory if it was something super seriouse they would have made it for much sooner. . .or told you something. . .
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had an ultrasound done on my uterus and ovaries. The next day between the nurse and the doc, they must have called 5 times. Maybe 6. She referred me to GYN, and told me that I needed to get it activated (military hospital), ASAP. We were out of town that day, and she sounded worried that I couldn't go in that day. I went in to get it activated, and the GYN that reviewed it said it just needed to be a routine appt. I go on the 24. But my doc said it could be polyps, pre-cancer, or cancer. My nana had uterine cancer. So even if it's polyps, I want my uterus out. They can biopsy it later.
    I went in to begin with cause I hadn't had a period in over 6 months. When I got the messages, I was scared. Hubby is scared. But, it will be fixed.
    Anywho, let yourself have your freak out. Then cool down, and know that it will be ok. It's good your doc is really worried, and not blowing it off, or acting like it's no biggie. GL!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• IDK what it could be. I looked up polyps and all, and with the things she said it could be, excessive bleeding was the problem. Not absence of a period. Do you go back soon?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I was having my period for over a month at a time and then i would get it every couple of weeks....no real time between it. I go in for my CT at 10AM and the doctor asked me to find out how long it will take to get the results and then make an appointment to see her that day to go over the "results and possible courses of treatment". My hubby is being very nonchalant about this. He says whatever it is, we'll get it taken care of. Cancer is my primary concern. I have a family history of all sorts of female-related cancers and I have endometriosis myself. Ugh! I just wish I had the results already.
    KandWsmommy

Answer by KandWsmommy at 12:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Results came back and the doc scheduled a laproscopy/hysteroscopy w/ endometrial ablation. I was right to be concerned to. She was concerned that it was cancer so she biopsied the fluid that was surrounding my ovary during surgery and I will find out the results on the 22nd of this month. It's kind of frustrating that the tests led to more tests. I hate waiting like this. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your support.
    KandWsmommy

Answer by KandWsmommy at 4:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009