Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? (child support question)

If you had a child from a previous relationship and are now married (and receiving support from the other guy) would you have the support money direct deposited into you and your hubby's joint account or would you leave it separate? Hubby and I have 3 kids together, the oldest is not his but she knows him as daddy. I'm a sahm so I wanted all of our money to go to one place and I would still set so much aside for my daughter in a savings account like I do now. I do the same for all my kids only her money comes from another source. Do you think this is a good idea or should I leave it separate?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I think that its a fine idea. You seem to have a great grasp on your finances. Only thing i would say is that you discuss this with your husband (though Im assuming that you already have).

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • i think what your doing is good...u and dh are paying for the child mostly and the x is covering some sort of xpence.. so if your able to 1/2 into u and dhs acc. and 1/2 in an acc for ur if she needs a copule bucks u can get it for her or take her school shoping or anything for school even collage. im married to a good guy but we pay most for my dd insureancs, co pays, food clothes, winter stuff. my x only pays 50.00 a week so it would cover her winter jacket but not school pictures..( its not court orderd ) and the older she gets the more xpensive she gets. i think what ur doing is good..

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • I would leave it separate just because its easier to document that way.

    Answer by Gealach at 11:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009