When you hear stories like this how does it make you feel?

Just saw on CNN that little five year old Shaniya Davis has been found dead. Her mother and the mother's boyfriend apparently sold her into some sort of prostitution situation. Does something like this make you wonder why why WHY do children have to end up with people who mistreat them and yet there are so many homes/parents waiting that would have loved and cherished her...I don't mean to assign blame to God, because I know humans have free will but yet you just want to cry out "Why?"

"WHY are children born to the mentally ill or alcohol/drug addicted or plain old sane but evil people and not to people who would love and protect them?" (Sobs)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thats terrible and I hope those left behind find the strength needed to get through this and those responsible given the sentence they deserve.

However, I dont question God(s) or anything when this type of thing happens. Its not the Divine's fault that humans can be stupid and rotten.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• this is sad...(tear rolls down my cheek)....
    its so sad when this happends.
    why? i mean its your baby! your blessing. your suppose to love it nurture it and care.
    but i guess its a good thing the child is not suffering anymore. terible they had to live there life like that. and die like that..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yes, I still have the habit of asking, "Why?" It's part of the reason that I no longer watch the news.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I don't understand the why, but I have come to realize that God doesn't always tell us the why for a couple of reasons. First, would it really hurt less if we knew? In any given situation, would the answer really help us? Second, God is God, He is sovereign. He is not obligated to give us an explanation or get our approval. This is where our faith must come into play. Either we believe God in the good AND THE BAD or we don't believe Him at all. Yes it is very, very, very hard. And we will have moments of doubt. But at some point we either choose to believe God or not.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Let's all say another prayer for Shaniya. I know everyone already probably been praying. I'm so sad. Her dad cried so hard on the News when she first came up missing. I wonder if he tried to have custody. I wonder if the dad knew how terrible the mom is. So very sad.
    Anonymous

• That is SO sad! I dont watch the news much so didnt know about this... I cant watch.. too many sickening things happening it is gut wrenching.. at least I know the child is safe in Heaven.
    The Shack by William P Young touches on the whys and the answers to it as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yes, we have free will but why does God allow us to act cruelly or remain imperfect? If I didn't have the Bible's hope for the future I would go nuts, this world is so rotten overall. Bear this in mind (It helps!):
    "And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
    And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
    But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." - Psalms 37: 10, 11 (among many others).
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 5:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I already know some people are not going to like what I'm about to say.... but I find it hard to believe that our so called "Loving Father" would stand by and do nothing why a truley innocent person is made to suffer.
    I've read the bible cover to cover, and even God himselfsays that children are truely innocent because they have no concept of sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We are not robots, being forced to love and obey God.

God does not poke His divine finger down from the sky and say "I'm deciding this baby dies, or that woman gets raped, that man gets a promotion"....etc....

People have free will and people can choose to do amazing things with it or horrible unthinkable things.

My faith in God gives me strength, gives me hope, gives me joy..........but does not give me money, a pony, or the assurance of a safe life here on earth. I believe that God cries when we cry, hurts when we hurt, and in the case of this poor, abandoned little child was with her every minute - suffering right along with her. She is truly in a better place now and all her pain forgotten.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• How are you people fine with a loving god who stands by and let's someone hurt an innocent child? You talk of free will, but how is it fair to allow the free will of one to over-ride the free will of another and cause them pain and death? You all disgust me with the excuses for your acceptance of this heinousness. You call that love, and I call that absurd. You have a skewed view of what love actually is.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009