Did this ever happen to u?

Did the doctor ever tell u that u was mearsuring big and took the baby earlier then your due date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "measuring big" isn't normally a concern. The only time your OB should be concerned is if you are a very petite woman & the baby is larger than your body can safely deliver. In that case, your OB should let you reach 37 - 40 weeks before removing the baby via c-sec.

Also, a baby can "measure big" for a number of reasons. Babies grow at different rates. Most babies stay within a certain weight range for every month or so of growth. For example a baby that is 35 weeks (in utero) could be anywhere from 3lbs up to 7lbs. There are many variables to consider, everybody grows at different rates. This includes babies.

How far along are you now?
    TMayes

Answer by TMayes at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Opposite actually. I measured small and so did the ultrasound and they waited 3 weeks to induce my 10.2 lb baby. Nice huh? But I've seen a lot of women on here say that their doctor measured them to have 11 lb babies and they end up having like 5 pounders. Everything is always an estimate.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have measured big with all my pregnancies but this one (#4). The babies measured big in the ultrasound too! None of them were as big as my doctor thought they would be. They have all been long, but the largest weight was 8 lbs 2 oz.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No. Fundal height can be very inaccurate measurement, especially when it comes to due dates. It can be off because there's a different person measuring, because the baby's in a different position, etc. Mine changed 3 cm during one visit once because the baby moved.

The best due date measurement to go by is from the first ultrasound, when they go just by baby's development and not by size or anything else so subjective. If you're not comfortable letting them "take" the baby yet, don't allow them to. You can say no; you have that right. Besides which, there's no reason to schedule a birth unless there's a medical necessity for baby to come out now, even if you are "overdue".
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Are you talking about scheduling you for a c-section before your due date??? If so I think this kind of shit is bullshit and just easier for the doc. Women give birth to big babies and without drugs all of the time. They don't know for sure how much your baby weighs. It's ultimately your desicion so do what feels right for you, don't let the doc try to make the decision for you. You can always wait for your delivery and see what happens then. If for some reason a c-section needs to happen then it can happen then.
    Anonymous