HELP!

I am 5'4" and 150 pounds, I have skinny legs, skinny arms, I'm a 38C, with a less than average rear end and most of my fat is in my mid section! Big ol' gut and love handles :)
(sounds like a personal ad huh?)

Well here's the scoop, I am attending a wedding this Thanksgiving and would like to look really nice walking with my son, the ring bearer. I tend to buy the wrong clothes and never feel good about how I look. What style would best suit my build?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I second the empire waist. It shrinks your waistline and shows your voluptous "assets" know what I mean? lol Work on your posture also, shoulders up, chin up, back slightly arched. Practice in the mirror....HEY I do it all the time! lol

The personal shopper is a great idea. Maybe find a sweet saleslady to help you out and see what she suggests.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Go to a GOOD dress department and get help from a personal shopper. It will be WORTH it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• if you wear a dress you could try and empire waist with opaque tights or leggings with some cute boots. If that is too casual, try an empire waist dress with hosiery and some fancy pumps. The key is the empire waist, because that will accentuate your ribscage where itis the narrowest and fall over your midsection disgusing stuff that you might not want to show off. Of course you would want to get a dress that hits about your knees ar a TINY bit above, so you can accentuate your legs!
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• These types of dresses are good for taking attention away from the mid section.
    7c64329&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=7&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=external|50444|64329|64334">Jessica Howard® Rosette Neck Ruched Dress-Black Jessica Howard®Sequin Top Ruched Party Dress-Black
    Anonymous

• Bow Front Ruched Waist Dress-Ink Blue

Anonymous

• Those are all good because they aren't tight against your body, there is some sort of band around the waist and they flow which evens you out.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies SO much! I took all of your advice and found a great empire waist dress =)
    Anonymous