Is anyone watching the Leonid meteor shower tonight?

The Leonid shower is caused by the Earth orbiting through debris from Comet Tempel-Tuttle, which reaches the inner solar system every 33 years and leaves a stream of dust in its wake. Often, the debris trails cross the Earth's orbit in November, and when Earth hits it, "meteors come flying out of the constellation Leo," according to NASA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought that was tomorrow night
    TMayes

Answer by TMayes at 10:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am going to stay up and see around midnight. it is technically tomorrow... but in the wee hours of Tuesday... if I can see anything I am going to wake up my three year old!! it will be sooo exciting!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• That must be what Big Bang Theory was about tonight, lol. I would love to see it, but...I will be sleeping. I wish I could stay up, and if I was younger and kidless (mostly kidless), I probably would. Maybe next time, when kids are grown and gone.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i read its tonight or early tues i am getting up at 2 am taken a big old blanket outside and checking it out..im on the east coast.. they said its best around 2 to pre dawn..so yes i guess with the time 2 am it is tecnially tuesday..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yep. Im going to watch it here as well. I've not seen one in a LONG time.

It is so neat to watch.......natures own fireworks........literally in the sky!

Actually it is beautiful to see them in the night time skies!

I live in the south/eastern coast.........not sure how good of a view I'll have. We'll see!
    Anonymous

• no..its about 34* out tonight..and windy. too cold for any lightshow for me.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009