how do i get my 27 month old to leave the new baby alone?

My 2 year old just loves babies. So of course when we brought Isabell home he was excited. He just won't leave her alone. Once again I caught him in her bed. I thought he was on her head when I ran in. He had put his pillow at the foot of her bed then put her on it. She was fine but I'm so scared one of these times he will hurt her. This isn't the first time just the scariest for me.

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm expecting my second. My son will be 3 when the baby gets here and I worry about this. My son is "all boy" , very active and a little rough so I wonder how he will be with the baby. Do you think its that your son won't listen or that maybe he doesn't completely understand? Is there anything you can do to maybe distract him so that he doesn't have as much time to mess with her or maybe he won't have as much interest in doing that. I don't know but I'm curious to know how it turns out
    TahjsMama27

Answer by TahjsMama27 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• dont tell him to leave her alone. make sure he knows he can help out when its appropriate. my daughter loves to bring me diapers and wipes, and also likes to throw them away, she likes to help wipe the babys face when she spits up, she likes to dance for her and give her toys. i dont know how old your baby is but the more you can involve him in her care the less he will try to take care of her when its innapropriate to do so.
    Anonymous

• She was born November 11th this year so just a few days old. Oh I do let him help but he prefers to hold her and love on her. I have tried to explain he can hurt her but he just doesnt want to listen. I can't hold her all the time unless she is feeding. I just don't know what top do.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• He knows what he is doing. He just wants to help is all. But he wants to hold her and stuff. Throwing diapers away isn't his idea of helping. My daughter was 2 when my now 2 year old was born. She was never this interested in the new baby. Same with my oldest. He was 18 months old when my daughter was born. Nothing I do seems to work. I'm just going to have to keep a close eye on him and her.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Oh my gosh this makes me sooo scared...Im 37 weeks pregnant and I have a 26 month old running around and she LOVES some babies....she wants to touch them kiss them and hold them even when we are just at the store....OH NO! I wish you and I both luck :-)
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 8:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009