IF no one ever told you...would you really believe?

So many religions, so much faith, but the truth is religious faith FIRST comes by hearing. But if you were never told what was "wrong", would you really believe in what is "right"?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I have always been the "need to see it to believe it" person. When I was younger I would ask and look for everything that dealt with santa/easter bunny/tooth fairy/etc only because it didn't sound right.....too many different stories and details....but that is me.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My daughter started talking about God before we ever took her to church.
    Anonymous

• faith first comes by hearing the word of God....

There are many stories of believers who were never told about God by word of mouth from anyone yet He showed Himself to them and they believed.
    I am not a I will only believe if I see it person... I feeling first within then I believe.. I dont need to see God to know He is real... I know deep within my Spirit He is real.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I honestly believe that if people were not told about any religious things, we'd not even think about it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would believe in something even if never told. Would I invest time and energy into figuring out exactly what that was....probably not.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• This isn't a new topic. THere are numerous reports of people who were never taught religion but felt a call. There are people who never heard the Word yet knew there was a higher power.

My child at the age of two started askiing questions. We didn't go to church or even talk about God.

Children know more than we give them credit for
    Anonymous

• I believe belief in a greater power, creator, controller ( however you would describe it) God is within us, it is part of us.
    I believe belief is part of human nature, so yes i believe i would automatically have a spiritual attitude to life.

Now i undertsand that we are influenced by the enviroment that we grow in, but I also believe most people have the mind to question and doubt and ask questions, so I dont think that we have to remain trapped in that which we were taught. Belief is so personal,
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Someone somewhere had to believe in something before they ever heard of it. Otherwise there would be no religion at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I wasn't really "taught" as a child. As far away from Christianity as I've been in my life I've always believed in SOMETHING. I've always believed in some sort of higher power, nothing less ever made sense to me. I really do think that if nothing was taught or passed down the majority of people would still come to the conclusion that there has to be a Creator. With the risk of being bashed big time I will say that FOR ME, atheism goes against basic human nature. All of the people of all differing faiths had to start from somewhere, right?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Let me go ahead and get this response out of the way........

I'm sure that many an atheist would say that what I believe goes against all LOGIC.

I do understand, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2009