Does everyone who is in the military get deployed???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• i don't think EVERYONE goes. i'm pretty sure there are some non-deployable jobs and even those that are deployable can get stationed in a non-deployable unit. although, while stationed with his "non-deployable unit" my hubby went to iraq for 7 months. =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 11:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My husband is navy. So I cant answer for all military. With the Navy you have a certain amount of time as "sea" duty, thats when they are usually sent for a deployment. And then a certain amout of "shore" duty. My husbands is 5 years sea to 3 years shore. I also believe that at the moment all Army/Marines are deployed at some point. My bf's hubby is Army and he was deployed 5 wks out of boot. SOOO im gonna side with most ppl can be deployed in the military. And before you join you sign a contract stating that you are ok with that. Its called a World Wide Deployment Waiver.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 8:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Is that a serious question? Not everyone does, but the likelyhood of it happening is always there..alot of it really depends on your job and what service you're in. Research the jobs before you join any service.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 1:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009