Would I get any nutrients if I put vegetables (such as kale or spinach) in my water?

And I only drink the water? I know it sounds gross, but I was just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• you would have to use the pulp (leaves/stems etc) of the veggies, and would have to be harvestest after ripening and organic - maybe then yes - but can't imagine it woudl taste to good - hmmmm

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• adding one other detail - did you know that you can get the same nutrients/trace/minerals/vitamins from fruits - fruits and veggies contain same nutrients based on color/pigmentation - but don';t confuse filtered sugarary fruit juices, such as the V8's juicie juices, etc as nutrtient rich -

just thought I would share, might taste a bit better for you LOL

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Sure, I would suggest that you blend them; add a vitamin C source, too, to increase the absorbtion of the iron. I put kale in smoothies.
    My favorite way to eat kale is sauteed with apple and onion; you can substitute spinach for the kale.

1 Apple
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
    1/4 teaspoon curry powder
    1 lb kale, tough stems and ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup water

Peel, quarter, and core apple, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges.

Heat oil in a 5-quart pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add apple and curry powder and sauté, stirring, until apple is almost tender, about 2 minutes.

Add kale and water and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender and most of liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.

Season to taste with salt.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009