"un-conceding", did you hear, NY 23 still up for grabs??

Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman said on Glenn Beck's radio show Monday that he was "un-conceding" the special election in New York's 23rd district if possible.

While Hoffman's opponent, Democrat Bill Owens, has already been sworn into Congress, a routine review of the election has revealed Owen's marginal over Hoffman narrowing from 5,800 to 3,026 votes.

Hoffman, who conceded the special election under the impression he had incurred a significant loss to Owens on November 3, now wants to be rescind his forfeit.

When Hoffman was pushed by Beck if he was "officially un-conceding" the race, Hoffman responded, "If that's possible, yes."

While it is unlikely that Hoffman will be emerge victorious in the NY-23 race, he told Beck that he is optimistic on the outcome of the election.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First, un-concede (even in hyphenated form) isn't a word. Second, inventing a word from thin air won't a return seat make. Nice try sore loser! :)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• They are counting absentee ballots

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

Ouch PS!! LOL

From what I heard, they are counting absentee ballots, he would have to take 75% to win..However I do think ALL ballots should be counted as many of those absentee are military

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Sweets--if the uncounted ballots do show he won, do you think they will allow a reversal? I can't remember ever hearing of that happening? I have been under the impression that once a concession is granted, that is it. It will be interesting to see! (and I was assuming--my bad I know--that the un-concede was his word not yours!)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Can Al Gore "un-concede" the 2000 election? PLEASE?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• He will be on The Office this week--he may be as dry as toast, but the guy has a sense of humor!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think it is being done on Principal to get the absentee ballots counted. I don't think he thinks he can win.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Tell that to Franken and Coleman...how long did that "recount" take? And how many boxes of absentee ballots were miraculously found several months later, and no surprise in Franken's favor? Slimeballs, the whole lot of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Franken is a douche bag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think that they need to count the votes to make sure that the constituency voice is being represented. I don't know how hopeful he should be, but what's the point of voting if our votes don't or might not count?

Frankly, it says a lot that he got as close as he did.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009