Food dislikes

Has anyone ever given their baby something that they did not seem to enjoy but ended up liking after many trys?

I just started giving my 7 1/2 month old plain yogurt a few days ago, and I do not think he is keen on it. He closes his eyes, shudders a little and grimaces. I am assuming yogurt has a tart odd taste to a baby but its got to be better than bland old rice or oatmeal.

Should I keep giving it to him every day in your opinion or wait a month and then try again when he might be more accepting to the different flavor. BTW he gobbles everything else up for the most part.

Its funny but not so much when he decides to spit it out and blow raspberrys with it lol.

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 10 months and hated yogurt at first. Give it a week and try it again. My son used to love anything banana's and then went for 2 months gagging when I gave him some but now he doesn't mind. There taste buds are just developing. Good luck! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have heard that everything except breast milk is an aquired taste. Most of the time if you try 7 to 10 times they will end up liking it just fine!
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009