DD's friend (13) asked me about sex advice!!!!!!

She asked me about some things, that I dont even want to repeat, and told me about her having sex with her boyfriend, I dont know whether to tell her mom, or not, because if I tell her mom, she might not trust me anymore. What should I do. I want to help the girl, but don't want it to be my fault she gets in trouble, if she trusts me. And all this made me wonder about my dd! Cause they've been friends since 1st grade!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• One of my friends had to all but stage an intervention when she found out her DD and friends were sexually active. My friend started by asking her DD and boyfriend why they wanted to have sex, when one is old enough to have sex, who it's okay to have sex with, how they'd support a family if protection fails, and so on. Of course the DD suggested marriage and the boy said no way, he's too young. And when they had an answer for everything like 13yos do, she turned all of the housework onto the happy couple for a weekend, got one of those crying/pooping baby dolls, and turned it into a not-so-fun version of playing "house." My friend put it into perspective for her DD that with her HW and chores now she already feels like she doesn't get enough time for herself and her friends, and it would be even worse if she had to juggle a baby and a job too. For some reason they think it won't happen to them. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'd tell the mom but tell her not to say anything to her daughter YET. She needs to take her daughter to a gyno and get her put on BC. Idk how the mom could find out for herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would talk to the girl and convince her that the best thing for her to do is to go to her mother on her own I would give her a deadline by saying something like' I love the fact that you feel so close to me to share all of this private information with me but I know your mother would want to hear it also. It's important for her to know what you are up to so that she can help you. I know you are worried about telling her and I will go with you if you would like but you need to do the talking. If you would rather I spoke to her I can. I am going to give you some time to decide how you want to tell her and then we will talk again. If you haven't been able to tell her yet then I will go ahead and talk to her for you. I know I would not want my daughter to keep secrets from me becaus eI lover her and want to be there for her.'
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 1:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• fourisplenty.........................that is good advice
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Maybe she did talk to her mom. Don't assume
    Anonymous

I agree.
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009