Were you're/his parents less excited when you sprung the news about baby #2?

We just found out we're expecting #2, but we don't know how to "surprise" the family. We were teens when our first was conceived, and it was all of their 1st grandchild. We're 19 and 20 now, and our ds, is 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was with my hubby for 7 years (married for 3) when baby #1 came.
    His mother's response was, "Great, now she's trapped you."

I was with hubby for 10 years (married for 6) when baby #2 came.
    His mother's response was, "She's done it now. He will never get away from her."

So yeah.. outright rude and cruel. We have always had a good relationship. We have never been unfaithful or had those types of problems. We treat each other with consideration, love and respect.
    You would think that would make her happy that her son is loved and loves so deeply, but you can't make everyone happy.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Our parents were not only "less excited" but down right upset and rude. It was awful. Im 31 wks and I'm still hurt by their reactions even though they've warmed up to it some.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I forgot to add, we're 23 and 28 and our DD is 18 mos. They will be 2 yrs apart, almost.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• our parents were i think equally nervous when we announced #1 and #2. both times, my mom was excited but worried, my grandparents were mostly worried, and my MIL was excited but very worried. lol. i do think this time my grandparents were worse. my grandpa said we were going to end up with 20 kids, which i find really weird since we are 26 and 27, we have a 2 year old son, and they had 3 kids by the time they were 25! lol. good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009