What Is Your Opinion On this ???(Tax Payback)

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9018410

This is from our local news paper and I think it is not right for us to have to pay for our gov.'s mistakes ,but for some reason we always do ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because our system is set up this way...here's hoping something changes...

Because people VOTE in the people that end up screwing us!!! The average American citizen needs to PROACTIVELY fight for what is right--not what "feels good" or sit back and HOPE things get better on their own! Pacifists have never won anything worth having relying on HOPE.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We got change, PSWifey. This is Obama's kind of change. This is entirely his doing. Built on promises but no substance, and we will all pay in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• And how is the gov't making a mistake a new concept? When this "tax break" was first announced I had a bad feeling immediately that this very thing would happen and lowered our withholdings. I don't trust the gov't to take care of us; we do that ourselves.

So many people were thrilled with their "tax break." They didn't look ahead to the fact that less withholding taxes doesn't mean less of an income tax obligation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• And they think they can run our healthcare......
    I heard this on our local news and I hope other local stations have played it too.
    I doubt the "other" cable stations will say 2 words on it.
    Whats so bad about this is it will affect many lower income and elderly. They made such a big deal about giving them $250 dollars and now even people who don't pay taxes might owe. Don't worry if you are one of thos 2 earner families or one of the other lucky people who got shafted. They will just take it from the amount they owe you at tax time. You will not even notice it. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Here is what I see as the problem: US. Yes, that means good ol' citizens of the United States of America. See, WE are the government. So when government screws up, of course it is us that pays for it. When you make a mistake in balancing your checkbook, you pay for it. The real problem is that people who aren't qualified for their positions are being voted in by uninformed voters. They listen to all of the pretty words and the flowing speeches, but when reality hits we always come back to 'who's pocket does it all come from?'. And the answer is clear. US (or in our current financial status - it comes from China - only at a very hefty price to us). Nothing in life is free.

Oh, and my opinion about the OQ?  It is a huge f*ck up.  I am sure they will try to find a way to spin it though.  Got to keep those voters for 2012.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think it is not right for us to have to pay for our gov.'s mistakes ,but for some reason we always do ...

Actually that is what we do .
    Period.
    IF the government wants to spend money more than we have then where do you think it comes from?
    YOU your taxes
    Im sorry but this was a big DUH when obama was saying he wanted to spend more money .
    FYI your great grandchildren will probably STILL be paying this all off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2009