HELP!

My son is only a week and a half, but I literally can not get him to sleep on his back! He only falls asleep on my chest, then as soon as I put him on his back, he fusses so much! As soon I put him on his stomach, he is sleeps again! I am up all night watching him breath, just to make sure that he is still alive! I am so afraid of SIDS, but I can not get him to sleep on his side or back for more than a few minutes! I am not getting any sleep either way, so if anyone has any ideas, please help!!!

smzuzu

Asked by smzuzu at 12:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a bouncer seat that has the vibration to it..it might soothe him..thats what i had to do with my daughter! hope u get some rest!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try swaddling him tight.. my son was like this and that and a swing(he was collic) was the only way he would sleep at times.

He loved to sleep on his stomach which of course terrified me to
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• What if you swaddle him and put him in bed next to you? Of course not if you have a waterbed, and make sure you don't put pillows or loose blankets near him... but thats what I would try!
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• and i also swaddled her really tight!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Thanks for the advice ladies! It is so scary when they sleep on their stomachs! I have tried to swaddle him, since my daughter loved to be swaddled, but it actually makes it worse for him. I will try to do the vibrating seat, though. Any other suggestions?
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 12:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• a swing or invest in one of those pillow type things that have a barrier on each side so that they can't turn over? It might work if you put him on it when he is asleep.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009