My 17th wedding anniversary is coming up. Any ideas on gifts or celebration ideas? Aside from sex. Preferably budget minded.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• something cute I did for my husband for our 1st anniversary whenw e had no money -- I wrote down reasons why I loved him / things I loved about him...on post-it sized paper...folded it and put it inside balloons..and then filled them up ..and the floor was covered when he got home.... I had a blanket on the floor where we ate the big dinner that I made...

something else i done..after our first fight ( which I dont think it would be a great present though ) ...was I took 2 fake fish (that floated) and put them in a fish bowl...and made a cute sign that went against the back of it ( so it showed up, like a background) that said you are the only fish in the sea for me....it was dorky, but he still talks about how cute it was, and that was 5 years ago.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I actually think something "sexy" would be for the 2 of you to have a night in. while he isnt home, fix up a room...like use sheets or fabric or something...and cover the walls and likesort of make a big tent....... and put a little table for 2 inside, cook him his favorite meal...and dress up really nice

????
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Our 17th is coming up, too!
    We discussed gift ideas and decided that we already had everything we wanted and needed so we talked about what we would like to do as a couple since we don't get to spend much time alone together.
    We are going to spend the day in Washington, DC, visiting some museums and then he is taking me out to a nice restaurant there for dinner. It will be a nice day together doing an activity we both enjoy and then enjoying a fine meal before driving home.
    You can plan something similar with your husband. Find out an interest you both have but haven't been able to explore it often or at all and see if it is available in your area.
    Or you can plan on doing something that you both enjoyed doing before you were married or enjoyed doing early in your marriage.
    Happy Anniversary!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2009