Did you always want him ?

When i first met my husband, I thought he was annoying. I use to ignore him, and kind of do a ticked off sigh everytime he would try to talk to me -- he always tried to "sweet talk" which I felt sounded dumb and he seemed more like a "womanizer " or something. IDK.

Well one day I dont know why, I decided to just talk to him, that was 5 years ago and we have been together ever since. Married, 2 kids, we just bought a new house. AND...I honestly know that he would never cheat on me, and even though he still bugs me, we have a really good relationship. But for some reason he still talks about how "crazy" I was for him and how bad I use to want him...back when I couldnt stand him lol. I dont hink I will tell him the truth lol

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought my DH was a dork when i met him lol but from the first moment I saw him I was drawn to him, I dont know what it was but I wanted to be around him. It took 2 years of being friends for us to start dating mostly because he is older than me and I was 16 when we met and he was in the military and well I was jail bait lol. So yes I knew right away he was someone special.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I thought he was dating my friend so I didn't pay too much attention. Turns out nope, he was only around her to be around me.....
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 12:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I was dating my husbands ex best friend (stopped being friends years before I met him). My bf at the time introduced me to "tommy" (my hubbys brother), and I would talk to Tommy when my bf wasn't treating me very well. Then he said, hey I can see you with my brother. We laughed about it, and I started talking to his brother after my bf and I broke up. We met a few times, no sparks, I wasn't attracted to him.
    But then after I was stood up on a blind date, I found myself calling him, and realizing that I call him whenever I have good or bad news. He was such a good friend and always there, I figured I would see what would happen. The next time I saw him, it was in a whole new light....we started dating, 2 months later him and his son moved in with me. A year later we eloped and got married. It has been 8 months.....and he is still my best friend!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 1:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The first time i met my husband we were both sixteen and he had a crush on my best friend. He was so skinny it was ridiculos (I found out later his mom had been starving him) and I was just getting over an eating disorder so I was a little puffy from eating more then my body was used to. Long story short we teased each other so badly if it had been anyone else I might have cried he called me fat I told him he looked like I could break his skinny ass in half. Somehow the january after that we saw each other again for the second time and fell in love is the only word for it. We've been inseperable ever since, and we still tase each other like there is no tomorrow but not around the children because we don't want them to think that's an appropriate way to talkto other people even if we do only mean it jokingly to each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• No i didnt always want him. actually the first time we kissed i said " man you do not know how to kiss and you do it all rough" but he grew onto me. he is very funny and sarcastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• When we fist met, there was overwhelming sexual attraction. When we were first getting to know each other though, I didnt like him to much. he was (and still is) arogent, sarcastic, and a tad self-absorbed. As I got to know him better, I realized all three were pretty much justified. He's acommplished alot, expeirenced alot, and has made is own way in life with little to no help. What I first saw as flaws, I now see as strengths.
    HappyMamaBear

Answer by HappyMamaBear at 4:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• LMFAO... Nope. I didn't like him when I first met him, either. I thought he was UGLY. With a STUPID haircut. LOL... I also thought he was a know-it-all, and too stuck up to introduce himself. So, I didn't say anything to him, either. He was always looking at me, but never said anything. I found out later it was because he barely spoke any English, and he asked one of our co-workers what kind of guys I liked. LOL... So, in turn, she asked me, all non-chalantly. LOL Anyway, I don't remember HOW he started talking to me. I think she played a part in that, too. LOL I think we were all doing "side work" and she introduced him to me, blah blah blah. Still didn't like him for a while. One night, he was trying to find someone to go pick up his van with him. No one would do it. I told him I would help him, that I just had to pick up my DD first. So it just went from there. We became friends, then went on a date. Slept together after
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• about a week of us ACTUALLY dating. (Which was a month or so after meeting each other.) I regretted that. LOL... I believe we were "meant to be". I know it sounds cheesy, but it's a very long story. I knew his sis beforehand, got fired, happened to get a job at his restaurant chain. He was at a different location, and had probs there, and then transferred to my location. But it's been 5 years now, and it has been far from perfect, but it's working. :)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• When I first saw my husband I thought he was such a dork! He still is a little, lol. We were both waiting to go through orientation our first day at college, and I watched him ask 2 other girls out and get turned down, before he came over to me. I decided to give him a chance and we've been together ever since, 26 years married :) I still tease him about getting turned down by those 2 girls!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes, I wanted my husband the first moment I set my eyes on him. Of course, it was purely sexual attraction - he was oozing with it! Fortunately, he is quite the gentleman and he actually didn't want to be bothered with me...lol. I changed his mind, of course, after we got to know each other a lot more as people. We started to date, he met my young daughter, she fell in love with him, and over time our love deepened and grew to the point that we knew we were destined to be together.
    Over 19 years later I am more in love with him now than I have ever been and he still treats me as the most special person in his life. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009