*sigh* why must relationships be complicated??

Ok so my hubby is army, and i am in the frg, i see the 1st sgt priodically throughout the year, and he's super cute, and recently just found out divorcing....my relationship has been on the rocks for over a year now...I just dont know, I dont know what I am looking for here...just I dont know...whatever you have to say I guess...life sucks and is so complicated. blaaaahhhh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• There is a reason he's divorcing. Keep that in mind. He might be an abuser or a cheater or a closet drunk. I don't think I'd give up my dh for a guy who is "super cute".

Answer by admckenzie at 8:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• just because the sgt is getting a divorce doesnt mean you need to as well. you need to be supposrtive of your husband and keep your distance. that will definately make tings hard for your hubby. remember why you fell in love to begin with and get some counseling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Seek marriage counseling or counseling for yourself, but be careful some will try to push you to divorce. You may see it as an easy out, but it's not. I realize your marriage might not be perfect right now, but things can and will get better.
    Try to get the book 'When Prince Charming Falls Off His Horse: Keeping the Happily Ever After in Your Marriage' by Jerry and Judy Schreur It's a christian book, but they are not preachy at all and it's a funny read. Whenever I get frustrated with my husband (to the point of wondering if it's worth it) I re-read this book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Thank you girls for your replies...sorry I went to bed last night. You all have valid points, things I was not able to see on my own. Thank you for pointing those things out to me. I have actually been in counseling now for about a month, trying to work on myself to hopefully make my marriage better. Only time will tell if it pays off or not. Thank you again ladies...looks like i have a lot more soul searching to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009