none stop crying

why is my 2 1/2 week old crying for no reason? he'll act hungry but when i put him on the boob all he does is suckle nothing more, he's not wet/dirty, he's not overly hot or cold, i've given him gas drops and been doing the leg exercises with him to help move any gas and nothing is working!!

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes they cry for no reason its what they call colic.

My son literally cried for 8 hrs straight. Turned out he was having trouble digesting formula( i couldn't bf) and we switched to a lactose free formula.

on that note it could be something in your diet... spicy foods, dairy....

What worked for my son was swaddling and MOTION he always had to be moving....i think i nearly wore out my swing because of this.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Could be a growth spurt, it could be that he's just uncomfortable and needs your reassurance. Either way, it's normal. You just keep trying to make them feel better. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Is the crying happening at a particular time? Like the evening? It's really common for them to do this in the evening, and often it's just their way of shutting out the world after a long day. The best way to shut out sensory input is to drown it out.

If it is evening crying...start slowing down his day in the midafternoon. Tone down the stimuli he's receiving and you can avoid meltdowns.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would try a paci he may just need to suck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009