Do you want to get pregnant again, even though you just had one?

It may sound weird and even odd, but My Husband and I already kind of want another child. I think because We feel like We don't have many friends, or much of a social life, unless it's with just family. But what do you think? It must be weird, My baby is almost 3 months old. My Hubby came to me and told me today. I want you to be pregnant again with My 2nd child. Your a great Mother. That must mean I am doing a great job as a Mother. When I ever express My feelings to friends and family they kind of think it's odd. Although My Mother seemed anxious, excited, and scared for me all at the same time. LOl

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Heck no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That same thing happened to me! When my daughter was only 4 months, I wanted another one! I got one too! It is certainly not easy, but it was definately worth it! Don't let what other people think change your mind!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 1:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Well I found out I was pregnant with this baby when my ds was almost 6 months old. Couldn't be happier! Good luck whatever way you decide.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• u shouldnt have a baby just because you dont have friends! ppl have diffferent reasons for wanting to be a mom but that shouldnt be one of them. newhho im glad you enjoy being a mommy n your hubby sounds like a sweet heart :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I got pg with my dd when my ds was 6 months old. I was in my early 20's, so I wasn't super young, and I wasn't super old. I had served in the military most of my first pg, and was in great physical shape. Having 2 kids that close together was VERY hard on my body.

Plus, as much as I love my kids, and there are benefits to them being close together, it's not as easy as you might think, because 2 kids that close together, but not twins / at the same exact stages does not mean double the work and energy, it means quadruple.

One sleeps through the night, the other doesn't yet - both are babies though and need the lions share of your attention. One is at the starting to pulling up on things and falling down and needing you stage, but you're feeding the other one and have them almost asleep, but now, because the older one is crying, they're both crying again, etc.

I love my kids, but trust me, wait awhile to get pg again.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• btw - when I talk about one sleeping through the night but the other doesn't yet, I can't tell you how many months and months I spent with no sleep, because one was up needing to be fed, changed, etc throughout the night, and the other is sleeping more through the night, but is still up bright and early, and needing Mommy's full attention. There isn't any opportunity to nap when the baby naps, etc - because there's always another baby that is there, needing you, and because they aren't at the same developmental stages, they aren't on anything close to the same sleeping or eating schedules.

Please, do yourself, your dh, and your babies - both the one you have now and the one you want to have - a favor, and wait at least a yr to get pg again.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• ha yes me too i wanted another but i know it would be to crazy w/ kids so close in age
    spookshowbaby

Answer by spookshowbaby at 5:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Mine were 14 mnths apart - wouldnt have it any other way. It hasn't always been easy, but I have never regretted it.
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 5:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Hell No! I had my last and I am done! No more babies for me!! yaaay!!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That is so up to you. my kids are 4 and 7 and I am pregnant with my 3rd..I liked them spaced out a bit that way I can spend time with them 1 on 1 while they r babies and not be to tired at the end of the day..my kids are spaced they way they are cuz I waited til the older child was in school now both of my babies are in school and I am due in Jan.. so during the day this baby will have my undivided attention.and when they get home from school Hubby gets home from work .hubby will care for the baby while I tend to the 2 older ones.its not easy no matter how close or how spaced your kids are but its always worth it in the end
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 7:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009