How can I increase My Milk supply?

I would like to make more Milk, to where I can feel 2 whole bottles easily!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to eat a good diet. Pretty much every time the baby eats, you need to eat. So for you it would be like small snacks though out the day. Drink plenty of water too. It worked for me.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 1:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Drink more water!
    The herb fenugreek, although my friend is currently taking it and says it doesn't work.
    The more you feed, the more you make!!!
    Good luck!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 1:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i was wondering the same thing one breast produces more milk than the other. i heard eat lots of oatmeal n drink lots of water
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Find a genie to grant that wish! The great majority of women do not produce/cannot express that amount of milk in a single sitting. It takes me 3 days to fill a single bottle.

Even if you were to increase your supply (and the best way to do that is to nurse baby as much as possible) it doesn't always equate to increased pump amounts. How much you pump is directly related to how well you respond to the pump, not how much milk you make.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• You should never FEEL two bottles. You want to get to the point where you feel empty all the time...that tells the factory to work. Feeling full tells the milk factory to slow down and stop producing. Milk is made WHILE you nurse.

If you're changing 6-8 dipes daily your supply is FINE. If you're NOT hanging that many, drop by th breastfeeding Moms group. on our Resources forum we have a sticky with EVERY trick known to woman on increasing supply.

But NEVER try to get to the point where you feel full. That will wind up diminishing supply.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I've been drinking Mother's Milk Tea to up my supply (as advised by both doctor & lactation specialist). It seems to be helping so far. You should also drink lots of water & keep up a good balanced diet.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Filling 2 bottles at a single pumping session is very rare. Why on earth would you want to pump that much? Average is like, 2 oz a session. Anything more is just a bonus. I don't know how to advise you to pump that much.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2009