Yet another wedding question. :)

You guys are just so much help!! Im sorry I don't have any "girlfriends" that are close to get advice from, so I figure what they heck! Might as well go somewhere that people actually take time to help!

Ok for our wedding we are doing a small (about 40 people) wedding at the courthouse. (it could be at a chapel if his dad can reserve it.) Anyway, we are doing an afternoon wedding, a cake and punch (and probably dancing) reception following, then an optional pay for your own dinner thing at a local resturant. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a wedding dress, so I found this one on Debshops.com and I really like it. Its black and white, and affordable.. What do you think of this one:

http://www.debshops.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3756644&cp=3371585.3365393.3369419

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 1:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it is fine how you are having your wedding. Your guests who are friends, family and loved ones want to share the day with you and celebrate. If it means they have to cover their own costs - I know that they won't mind. It is not tacky. Otherwise, if you waited for when you could afford it, the nature of the day would be different from your wedding day. It would just be a party. Everyone has the right to have their wedding the way they want. Some people can't afford an elaborate reception. Enjoy your day - the dress is beautiful too!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Adorable!
    austin_amazon

Answer by austin_amazon at 1:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think it's pretty. If you do want something more wedding-y, you can sometimes find amazing dresses at David's Bridal's $99 gown sale. But I do like that dress.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• toriandgrace, I looked at Davids Bridal and at a few other $99 gown sales around town, and I can't find anything. Im going to look at GoodWill and those places tomorrow, because thats where I bought my last dress. (yes I have one thats a size 4 that I bought before my son was born. I can get into the dress but it takes a corset (sp?) 3 people to zip it up, and I can't breathe). lol. I didn't have boobs or hips before my son was born
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 1:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• can't imagine having a pay for own meal thing, seems tacky and rude to your guests. Would be better to do buns, ham, fruit and veg trays. cheep picnic kinds of food.

oh and yes that is a pretty dress!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Anon :08. Our wedding is immediate family, and they know our finincial situation. All of them offered to pay for their own meal, so Im providing cake and punch. I should have clarified that a little more. Plus, we are asking for that instead of any type of gifts. If I had the money to provide for the meal, we would. But we dont.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Love the dress! I think your wedding will be wonderful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Thank you
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 3:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I agree that the pay for your own deal is quite tacky :( sorry. If you can't afford to pay for people you invite, have a civil cermony and then have a big party at your house when you can afford it.
    klianemcb2

Answer by klianemcb2 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure why people felt the need to talk about how "tacky" they think my wedding is, when all I was asking about was the dress. Thanks to the ladies that actually answered the question that I asked.

livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 3:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2009