Bread and Ketchup?

My daughter started a rather disgusting food fetish. She loves to eat a slice of bread and dip it in ketchup. I dont know where she got this or how she thinks it tastes great but she's 3 and loves it. I'll ask her does she want for lunch and I get "I want bread and ketchoop" O_O what the? Anyone else's child have weird cravings or is this some underlying issue?

FemmeLoup

Asked by FemmeLoup at 1:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my teenage daughter loves toast and ketchup, yes I think it is weird but she just loves it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try giving her healthy whole grain toast w/ either olive oil or butter and sliced tomatoes on top...kind of a healthier version & she might love it...I do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• when my middle child was around that age EVERYTHING was dipped in ketchup!!! broccoli, fish,bread,carrots, i mean anything, but he was eating it & loved it. Doctor said not to worry. Plus then i remembered my homade pizza as a kid - ketchup bread,slice of cheese warmed in oven.. thinkin back ewwww but we loved it. so dont worry , she is eating and that is a hugh accompolishment when they are that age :) and today all my children are the most healthiest eaters out of their peers.. So rock on ketchup girl, see what else she may want to "dip" lol
    LSCreations

Answer by LSCreations at 3:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• hows it weird? You eat hamburgers and hotdogs on buns right? You've never finished the buns with say just the ketchup and mustard left on it? It's a phase my one ate nothing but tomato soup and cheese sandwiches 3 meals a day plus snacks for several months.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My Hubby still puts ketchup on everything!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• There isn't anything wrong with a craving like that, unless that is all you can get them to eat. I have a child who's favorite snack is bread and ranch dressing. Its just part of a snack. I have another child who will only eat their green beans with ranch dressing or ketchup. I say pick your battles. If you can get your kids to eat their veggies and other portions of a balanced meal with a few condiments big deal. No need to try and change it if they are getting what they need on a daily basis. The snack with the tomatoes and olive oil sound yummy to me but there would be no way I could get my three year old to eat that. I'd be sad if someone gave me milk and cocoa beans in place of my chocolate :0) Go with the flow. Life is short. Enjoy the children, they are little for such a short time. They can come up with some really fun things! One little guy asked me if he could create a new sandwich. Bread-bananas-raisins-PNB
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i worked in a day care and all the 3-5 yr olds dipped their toast in their milk! one had started it and the rest followed.....weirded me out, but at least they finished their breakfast!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Everyone thinks I'm weird, but I love bread and ketchup. I found that I liked the bread and ketchup after eating a hot dog.
    the_cats_dogs

Answer by the_cats_dogs at 4:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010