what do you do when your kid sticks stuff up his nose??

yeah my son is 2 and he is always sticking his laces or strings up his nose and i thought that was ok untill just recently it has become fuzzies and paper ..so i have told him not to do it and my maa said stick a band aid on there i said haaa that will end up there too..ne who ne suggestions would be awesome thanks
jules mother of 2 year old eric and sceduled c-section for baby evan micheal on december 3 2009

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• hee hee I went through that with one of my boys. The first time it was a bead and we had to go to the ER to get it out, they actually have special tool for getting things out of the nose. After that you would think he had learned his lesson but nope not him he then tried cereal luckily it was KIX so it was easy to get out and then he got something else up there i dont remember what but we got it out by having him blow his nose.

I never did find a way to stop him from doing it he just finally stopped. I had a friend whose daughter did it with crayons. Just keep a close eye and when he starts to try it tell him no hopefully he will get the message.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009