Facebook and Myspace and kids.

Should parents be on their Myspace and Facebook to monitor their kids? Personally myself, I will be on all those sites, not because I don't trust what my daughter will do. It's those other freaks out there who takes advantage of young people. So moms, dads, and everyone else please know what your child is doing at all times.

mom2hailie

Asked by mom2hailie at 2:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I may or may not do that when they are old enough. But I would sit down with them to set up the account and show them how to make it private that no one can find you. There are controls on there that can make you invisible. That's what I have on mine. Not even my family members can find me, unless I invite them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have my 14 year old's Facebook password so I can monitor her private conversations.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• anon- BS, there is absolutely NO privacy setting that makes you completely invisible on a social networking site. hard to find, yes, but not impossible...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009