toddler bed

just wondering what age is good to put my little girl into a toddler bed? she's 15 months

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 2:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine is 11 months and her crib is converted with a rail(early climber) so it depends on her, and when she seems to want out then its safer
    alicianana4life

Answer by alicianana4life at 2:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My son is 15 months old too. I was told that once they started to climb out they should be a bed. DS has never tried to climb out so I haven't given it much thought. To be honest I would be a bit scared to have him be able to get out of bed in the middle of the night.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my son is 20months and still in a crib . untill he shows me he is going to climb out of it he will stay in the crib
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My daught er is 20 months and still in a crib. My mother put me in a day bed when she came in the room and I was sitting on top of my dresser at 9 months. When they figure out they can climb out, then it is time, unless of course you want superman or wonderwoman as a child...lol I am scared to. My daughter flips and flops allnight long.
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Wait as long as you can! My son climbed otu of his crib at 22 months and we didn't have a choice but to move him. He really wasn't ready and it took a bit to get him to sleep successfully in his bed. my plan had been to move him at 3 whether he was climbing out or not. On the flip side, if they climb out, you don't get the chance to prepare them for the transition. So, if you suspect your child is getting ready to climb out, you might want to start talking about the idea of moving to a bed. FYI, you can go right to a regular bed if you want and eliminate one transition. We skipped over the toddler bed altogether to reduce the number of transitions. Our son is also tall so a toddler bed wasn't going to last long anyway.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my daughters crib got recalled when she was about 20months. so i decided with the money i got back from the crib i was just going to get a toddler bed and the side rails. so she would not fall out. she does great never had a proublem. do lay 2 blankets on the floor in her room cuz she does sometimes get out and sleeps on the floor. i have a baby gate at her door so when she does get up she cant roam the house. you can look at my pics and see her bed.

heather-bear

Answer by heather-bear at 10:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2009