mobile/trailer home

My husband and I are trying to move into a mobile/trailer home to save money. I tried searching so many websites to look at them and see how much they are but i can only find sites that will show me mobile/trailer parks none of the houses. Do you know any sites that will show me pictures and give me rent prices?
Thank you so much!
i have no clue where i would list this sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I live in a trailer home and it cost me lots of money, they are very inefficient. Not well insulated. You may just want to down size, and find a smaller house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I didnt mean that in a rude way. We used to live in one as well. we pay 2500 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath right now and only paid 1400 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath living in the mobile home but they shut down the whole park so we cant go back there. In better words we liked it way better living there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• didn't think u meant to be rude, I am just saying. All of the trailer homes we have looked at and the one we live in cost a lot to maintain, and for example my MIL as a home bigger than mine and her gas bill is cheaper than ours. Not to mention sometimes there are some strange ppl in trailer parks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• look in your newspaper or your local real estate listing magazines, call about one that's for sale and see if they'll rent it to you. mobile homes made recently should have to meet government requirements for energy efficiency, so your costs may come down.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have never seen anyone save money by living in a trailer. What you save in rent you lose in utilities. It's best to rent an apt that is well insulated. I never turn on my heat because my apt is surrounded by other apts so it's well insulated. However, if you truly want to rent a trailer contact those websites and just ask them to show you pix of rentals they have.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It is up to you for deciding on a apartment or mobile home. I HATED living in an apartment, because I didn't like having people on the other side of the wall, or up/downstairs from me. My ex-husband and I bought a newer mobile home (14x80) in 2002 (it was a 1995 home). 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths for 18,000. It had a peaked roof (not a flat one that can leak), and it was VERY well insulated. Our windows were double paned and could pop out to be cleaned.

The park that we lived in was a nice park, because they didn't rent the mobile homes out. Everyone that lived there had to own their place. We did pay $210 a month for the lot, elect was less than $80 a month (we lived in Wisconsin)
    , and water was around $30.
    3 years later, we were able to save enough money to buy 8 acres and move the home to the property (we only had a mortage of $285 a month). We added a sunroom and an extra bedroom/closet when we moved. Good luck!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 3:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• SO and I are currently renting one and we love it! we have the same landlords from our previous house. we arent in a park, but a normal street. we are in a rural area, nice and quiet, neighbors are very nice and there are a lot of kids around. the nearest school has a great reputation and the crime rate is very low. we are on 1.5 acres, huge backyard, we have a big shed. it's a 3bdrm 2 bath, we have our own well and no gas. we pay $550 a month. we have the option to lease it but cant afford the closing cost right now. if we did lease it, we'd only pay a few extra dollars each month for the 30 year deal. we have been since april and have had no problems so far. the insulation is great too. only thing that kinda sucks is the walls are thin and cheap and the bathrooms are small but we can handle that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We have a high end mobile on land. It is a Super Good Cents home, which means it's VERY well insulated and everything it top of the line. Mobiles don't have to be trashy. Some are gorgeous HOMES. I'd NOT live in a park though---buy a little hunk of land.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2009