Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EXTREAME anal pain!

Ok, so I know I should go to the doctor right away but we are currently over seas and on a SMALL base and all of the doctors are involved in everyday functions and I see them on a daily basis and they seem as embarrassed as I do... all men doctors and my docs daughter is in the same class as my son.... so, I want to know what is wrong with me before I put myself through that kind of embassament!
I have anal pain sometimes that comes and goes. It hurts so bad at times I cant move my body. sometimes it helps if I push down but getting my body to push down is PAINFUL! Its an extremely sharp shooting pain. When I am having a spell of it if I dont move I will be fine and sometimes it is ok to move a bit and dosent hurt too much but I cant sit directly on my bottom... I have to sit on the side of one of my cheeks. Can someone help me please to figure out what this is?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)

    Answer by SusieD250 at 3:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Do you have hemorrhoids, they can be very painful. I have seen people in the ER that was crying uncontrollably. Extreme pain is a good reason to get checked out even if it is embarrassing. I like to way on the side of caution. Better to have it looked at and be embarrassed then to not do anything and it turn into something serious.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 7:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • It sounds like some kind of spasm....but I do think you should see a doctor. At least talk to a doctor!

    Answer by BJoan at 7:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • NEVER dismiss pain nor have your Physician dismiss pain. You could have something serious going on that needs attention. If these Physicians are the only ones available to see you, you need to stop and not think about anything other then yourself. YOU need to take care of you as your embarrassment should not come into play. Trust me, I have worked around a large group of Physicians do you think once I felt like you- YES, but when I asked I received. They are human too. They went to school to become Physicians because they have compassion for helping the sick. Get that appointment today and don't put it off or you might regret you waited.You can get cysts there that are very painful to the point you can not sit down. If you don't have to see your Internal Med. Physician go right to the Gastroenterologist and be seen ASAP. Feel better by taking that next step. Blessings!


    Answer by delmarnative at 7:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

  • Hemroids, get some cream with an anal applicator and apply it. It is helps then keep it up for a few days. See if that makes it go away. You might also try a stool softener, to ensure you are not straining. Plenty of fluids. You could clear this up with out the doctors help. Good luck and I am sorry those are painful.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.