shaving

okay so maybe this is a dumb question but oh well right? So EVERYTIME I shave my legs I get these... hmmmm... well its hard to explain! Its like shaving when I have goose bumps cause after I shave I have all these spots on my legs that bleed and scab over, but they are small spots! How do I NOT get these when I shave? I have really sensitive skin... and I have tried using a new razor and a razor that has been used a couple of times, nothing changes, I always get these 'bumps' when I shave!!! I wanna wear capris but cant because of this problem!!! HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• do you use shaving cream? It sounds like you might have dry legs and your razor is getting caught on the skin bumps. Maybe try waxing or some other form of hair removal.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try shaving in the direction the hair grows, and see if that helps. And DO use something like shaving cream, soap, or hypoallergenic lotion to lubricate the skin and reduce drag from the razor.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Are these bumps like the ones on the back of arms? If so, I get some on my legs sometimes too. The bumps are from the skin being dry or sometimes if you wear jeans alot, then the skin gets rubbed and dry.
    Wait till the scabs on your legs heal. Buy a lofah or something similar like gloves that sluff off dry skin and dry bumps. Put Avon oil or thick lotion on your legs immediately after. If you do this 3-4 days in a row the little dry bumps should be gone. This works for me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That sometimes happen to me when I'm saving and If i'm not shaving in the shower I put warm water on my legs so the shaving cream will go on better and it will not feel cold on my legs. Then once I'm doing shaving I will take a wash clothe or jump in the shower wash of the rest of the shaving cream and put lotion on my legs.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The best shave gel I have found is the Nivea sensitive skin. Nothing else works for us. Try using a bath sponge, and shave your legs last, so the hairs soften. Also, try applying lotion after you shave. I have always had to use lotion. What I used to do, cause I used cheap shave gel, was mix lotion with sea breeze. The sea breeze stung, but it kept my legs from getting razor burn.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• when you do shave, let the water run on your legs for 5 minutes to soften up your skin, as well as let the razor warm up in the water first too..and make sure you use shaving cream or gel. and use lotion on your legs afterwards
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• exfoliate before you get in the shower by dry brushing (gently) all over (this will help you to glow all over) use a very gently brush like horse hair and go in circular motions. use a light lotion and let it soak in or let the shave cream soak in for a minute before you start(who has time for that right) then the key is to use a fresh or nice sharp razor (dry it out after every use to make it last a long long time). I know this is really involved and time consuming but the more you do it the easier it will become, the only other suggestion I have is chemical depilitories(yech) or waxing(big fan)
    whitsnutz

Answer by whitsnutz at 6:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• also find some tend-skin for after the shave or use witch hazel
    whitsnutz

Answer by whitsnutz at 6:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• they're probably from ingrowns. moisturize day and night and use moisturizing shave cream. and a high quality razor. i use quattro.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009