Can you proof your heterosexuality?

A lot of people here demand homosexuals to proof they were born this way, can any of you that are heterosexuals proof how you got to be one? Was there a choice involved, or did your natural instincts kick in? Why is it so dificult to understand that gays instincts kick in just like they do for heteros?

Asked by older at 7:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I will use my faith as my arguement. My arguement has been around for more than 2000 years The agenda for forced acceptance by a fraction of the population is an infant incomparison.

Ahh...faith..The basis of which all fruitless arguments are made. Faith is great for some things, but when it comes to denying people their constitutionally protected rights you're going to need something grounded in the rational realm. Got anything tangible?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's not hard to understand. It's pretty damn obvious to me.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If they think there is any choice in the matter of sexual orientation, then I wonder if they aren't struggling with the issues themselved. Otherwise it would be natural to assume that sexual orientation is NOT a matter of choice. I never had to sit down and really make any decisions about being heterosexual.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Can I proof it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• anon, thanks for the correction see past the typo and answer the question?

Answer by older at 7:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Ha ha can I proof it? So I was BORN heterosexual 'cause I have a vagina and men have a penis. Just like animals, we are born to reproduce, so how can I reproduce with another women?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Smart anon, how about a sperm bank, thousand of those around!

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

While debates around hot topics are welcomed and encouraged, personal attacks are not. We want everyone to feel comfortable debating their point of view about any topic without being personally attacked for their beliefs.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I understand the choice/no choice just fine. I understand that there are genuine gays and lesbians.......and then there are the "look at me rebel by saying I am gay and raise as much trouble as possible" gays. My Aunt is gay. Her and her partner live together in Texas and have been together for over 10 yrs. Being gay ia a PART of who she is, not the all consuming center of her life. She doesnt feel the need to shout from roof tops and street corners at people who may disagree with her, but she doesnt hide either. No, as a heterosexual Ido not choose who turns me on. I will take it a step farther and say I even have definite type when it comes to men themselves (big brawny country boys ;) BUT its only a part of me not my all consuming focus in life. I think right now its "cool" to be gay and its those people that are using to rebel that cause most of the problems.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Why attack over this question? I mean it's so dumb it's not worth answering.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009