keeps vomiting!

My dd is about 3 months old. She is on soy formula due to intolerance. Last night she went 8 hours without eating and when she woke up to eat my DF fed her and she vomited it all up. I tried again, slowly just an oz every 20 min like the on-call doc said but she still threw it up. Then this morning I went to feed her and she did it again! She has not held down any formula since 6pm last night! Other than that she seems fine. Good diapers, attitude, she just seems hungry. Oh and no temp. she's already had the swine flu too! Does anyone know what this could be? I am waiting for my doc office to open btw, I'm sure she'll have to go. Any comments welcome Please!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get some pedialite and give that. When my then 1 month hold had a bad flu we did that to keep her hydratted. Plus that might be easier on an upset stomach then formula. Good luck I hate it when such little ones get sick, I feel so powerless. I hope she will be feeling better soon.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Switch to pedialite and try dropping it to 1/2 an oz each 20 minutes. But don't go back to straight formula after the pedialite. It will need to be watered down, then slowly brought back to regular strenght. Milk is very hard on the tummy therefor so is formula. Wait until she's able to keep fluids down and then reintroduce. That's what my pedi recommened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• DO NOT GIVE PEDIALITE!!! She is only 3 months old and introducing a new food is STUPID when they're already vomiting! You will have no way of knowing if it's something in the stupid pedialyte or the stomach bug!

Stick to giving her the formula slowly. Call your doctor. Do what the DOCTOR says to do, not some nuts who obviously don't have the best interest of your infant in mind by recommending something that could possibly make her even more sick!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2009