Do dogs follow women who are pregnant? or like women more when they are pregnant?

Because my boyfriends dog is all of a sudden following me around... i mean almost all the time.. and wants to sit next to me and lay next to me..or my clothes... and i just found out i was pregnant a few days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I Cant speak for dogs, I dont have one, But cats do, at least some. I have three, one wich is is more my cat then any of the other has been siting on my lap nonstop. even when it's very dificult for her to. for the last few weeks, I just found out last week I was pregnant so yes dogs should be the same.
    Ferdymom

Answer by Ferdymom at 9:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my dog sniffed my boobs a lot near the end of my pregnancy :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My dog follws me around like crazy I havent been pregannt for 7 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I swear they know :) My friend's dog isn't really a 'cuddler' but this weekend all she wanted to do was lay on my lap with her head on my stomach. My cat prefers to be on my stomach as well. I'm 18 weeks. My SO's cat, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with me. I can't touch him anymore.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• its because animals know when we are caring a child, and they care for us, both cats and dogs.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My boyfriends dog got started following me and just looking at me, like keeping me in her site when i found out I was pregnant. Now she constantly sleeps by me and wants to sit right by me if she can. She's especially attached to me when we're home alone she'll follow me into every room i got to, even the bathroom, it's funny. I'm 8 weeks but she's been doing this since I found out at 3 weeks!
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i have 4 dogs and they follow me and they have to be right by me and in the site if not they start barking 2 my hubbys and 2 our mine and his dogs usally wants nothing to do with me my girl dog has to be by my tummy all the time
    Anonymous

• my dog has become a little bratty she is always behind me, even when i get up in the middle of the night she is right there. The one funny thing is that she turned a year old and didn't have a period (she's not fixed) but she did start humpping but only my arm or leg i think its funny she doesn't like to be away from me much i just really think that she is nuts
    shorttie05

Answer by shorttie05 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009