Does dogs know when a women is pregnant? or like pregnant women more?

Because my boyfriends dog is all of a sudden following me around... i mean almost all the time.. and wants to sit next to me and lay next to me..or my clothes... and i just found out i was pregnant a few days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pets

• I believe that they do! My dogs and my cat would not leave my side while pregnant - I think that they sense something is different and go into protective mode.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes...for sure...they have a better sense than we do about things like that...even illness, depression
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Do dogs know when a woman is pregnant?

Yes, I believe they can sense that kind of thing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think so! When I got pregnant my dog was the same way.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Dogs have a better since of smell than we do. When your pregnant your body chymistry changes and U have a defferent scent. Any pet will respond to it , especially a loyal dog will be come more protective, thus following you around.

When I was exspected my first, we had a cat. It seeamed to take her a little while to figure out what was different with me. Once she did though I coulnt sit anywhere in our house, or front and back porches, without her jumping up and sitting protectively on my belly. LOL, I miss that cat.
    HappyMamaBear

Answer by HappyMamaBear at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think so. When I was first pregnant, but wasn't sure about it yet, the dog jumped up on the couch with me and laid his head on my belly. he'd never laid that way with me. Usually he sits next to me or only jumps up to play. And the entire time I was pregnant, he never jumped upon me. After, with a baby in the hand he would try, but we nipped that in the butt! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think they absolutely do! I have a dog, and he knew before I did that I was pregnant! Usually when I see him in the mornings or when I come home from work, I'll go to say hi to him and pat my chest for him to jump up and give me "hugs" (he ONLY does this when asked). Then one day, he wouldn't jump up on me no matter what I tried; the next day I missed my period, and the day after that I took a test and it turned up positive.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think they definitely do
    Cloud_Dancer09

Answer by Cloud_Dancer09 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009