How to keep on top of things around the house?

I know us ladies try so hard to keep up cleaning our home but it never seems like we get anywhere...Should I hire a maid for the time needed then after that just keep on top of it?
I know I should do it myself but don't they do a very good job on cleaning?...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Housecleaning is a never ending job, but there are ways to streamline it. Go to www.flylady.net for tips and routines that will help.

Here's a few things to remember and be grateful for:
    Dirty dishes in the sink means you have food to eat.
    Toys scattered through the house means you have healthy happy kids.
    Messy beds means you had a bed to sleep in last night.
    Piles of laundry mean you have clothes to wear (unless they're all in the laundry).
    Boots & shoes piled in the entryway means you have warm, dry feet.
    Dirty floors means you have family & friends in your home.

Yeah, I'm not perfect and my house isn't either. I don't get hours to clean so I try to fit it in when I can. Takes only 20 minutes to vacuum the main rooms, add a bedroom when you get 10 minutes more. Swish the toilet every morning; it takes a few seconds and helps keep things sparkly until you get time to add toilet cleaner & clean.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If you can afford to have a cleaning lady go for it. I make lists to get everything done myself. Ask around we have ladies here who will clean (if paid in cash) for $12.00 per hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I want a cleaning lady sadly not in the budget. I hate cleaning and would love a dusted and sanatize on a regular basis.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• After dinner dishes are washed, take the dishcloth and quickly wipe down the cupboards and fridge handle. One quick sweep with a broom and the kitchen's done. Dusting with a Swiffer duster is done quickly and the kids love to do that for me. Taking 10 minutes a few times a day to keep surfaces cleared greatly improves the look of a cluttered home.

As for the deep cleaning, it sure wouldn't hurt to get some help. I'd love to have someone help me!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I just read a book by Emily Barnes...that shared how we can get overwhelmed by all that needs done, so it can add stress etc. She suggests dividing up the rooms in your house to different days of the week (vacuume Monday for example...clean kitchen Tuesday...etc.) She also says if we have closets that need cleaned etc. To start that sort of project by devoting 15 min a day to it until it is done. That way it isn't such a lengthly process. Anyway, good books, I got one at my library
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009