10 yr old boy refuses to pledge alliegence

what an awesome kid!!! he wont pledge the alliegence in his school because he says its not true, that gays and lesbians dont get liberty & justice. what do you think? i think hes a smart kid.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/11/13/student-braves-controversy-refuses-to-recite-pledge/?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parentdish.com%2F2009%2F11%2F13%2Fstudent-braves-controversy-refuses-to-recite-pledge%2F

"Will Phillips doesn't believe that describes America for its gay and lesbian citizens. He's a 10-year-old at West Fork Elementary School in Arkansas, about three hours east of Oklahoma City. Given his beliefs, he refused to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, specifically because that one phrase, "liberty and justice for all," he says, does not truly apply to all. "

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 9:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this kid is awesome!!!
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Good for him! Although I didn't agree with him telling the teacher to jump off a bridge, I think the young man is courageous, intelligent and knows more about what being an American means than most grownups do!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Honestly he can recite the pledge or not.I remember in middle school there was maybe one other kid who never did he did stand but he just didnt say the words..he never got in trouble for it..

However,I do not see how the cause has anything to do with reciting our pledge..and I think it only serves to discourage others from reciting the pledge and it could stifle them from learning of the pledge..I think there are other ways to try and get a point across then that...and this little boy likely is only doing as his parents do..and I have to say eventhough he shouldnt be forced to recite our pledge he shouldnt be acting like a disrespectful brat either...there is enough problem in this country with Americans having no priode or love of country..why add more?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• and plenty of kids being taught to buck authority even when there is no reason for it...take a look at the attitudes of alot of our youth today disrespectful of their employers and everything no work ethic..not ALL but certainly a good amount
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That is cool that at 10 he is using his brain. I don't think you are against loving anything about our country just because you don't recite the pledge. Him rejecting the pledge is him exercising his right as an American to say no, I do not agree with this. He won't be killed, or imprisoned for saying no. Good for him for questioning things.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 9:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• He's a brainwashed kid. Everyone who is an American citizen already has liberrty and justice, regardless of who they choose to have sex with.

If he doesn't want to say the pledge, so be it. He can stand up with the rest of the class and keep his mouth shut.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Good for him.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I support gay marriage, but this is silly. My Jehovah's Witness friends refuse to say the pledge, and no one makes a big deal about it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I agree w/ May-20. If he doesn't want to recite the pledge, then he doesn't have to. Giving him the spotlight on the issue is simply rediculous.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• This is just stupid Im sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009