Would you let your child skip school?

My daughter says that she doesn't want to go back to school.
According to the teacher (she didn't witness the event) my daughter slip causing bruises on her tight.
My daughter said that she was pushed. The doctor said that she could stay home.
Would you keep your child home?
How long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think one day at home would be fine. If she was pushed then maybe it would be best to get a break.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yup. For the day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• armywife, thanks for the post. OP
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I'd let her take the day off. She's probably sore and would like a day off anyway :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Um...if the doctor is recommending she stay home a day, why is it skipping school?

And what the hell..bruises on her "tight"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yea, I was going to ask what her "tight" is. If the doctor tells her to stay home. Then it is not skipping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm on the fence about this one. She's running away from the issue if she was pushed. She shouldn't be asking to stay home because of a bully. I would probably take her to school personally to sort out the situation. She should learn to face her problems and handle the situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Nope, my kids go to school unless they are contagious or if my daughter is having problems breathing (the stress and physical activity makes her asthma attacks worse) a bruise is not a good enough reason to stay home I would however help her deal with the pushing especially since its already cause physical harm it will only get worse call the principal and the teacher and get the pusher in some sort of counseling bullies need help and shes obviously dealing with some sort of bullying
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 12:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009