Has anyone ever used Sittercityto find a babysitter? If so, was it a good experience?

I was thinking of using there service because I'm new in town and its hard for me to find sitters. I've been looking sround online and found sitter city.
http://sittercity-review.blogspot.com/

xcellu8

Asked by xcellu8 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I have. I have a great sitter now. She comes once a week. However, I went through 5 to find her. One was great during the interview, but once she stayed with the kids, it was clear she wasn't right for my family. She talked a good talk. However, she misunderstood her role as an occassional babysitter, and disciplined EVERYTHING. I introduced her to my child as Ms. Emily (name changed). My kid was 28 months. She called her Emily, and the babysitter corrected her. When my kid still didn't get it, she put her in time out for failing to say "ms". Now, I insist my children use ms, but I have reasonable expectations of 2 year olds and don't punish for it! She was like that with every little thing.

Now, the one we hired is the most loving, wonderful girl. My girls just love her. I even took her with me out of state when we went to a concert. She is worth every penny.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009