after pregnancy pain (not too sure where to post it)

i was just wondering if its normal to have pain down there amost 6 weeks after giving birth.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Did you have a c-section? If yes, then yes, it's normal. I'm not sure about a vaginal birth, I didn't have one.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure how normal it is. I didn't have pain there unless it was during sex. Then it was just because I had an episiotomy . It just took some time and then it was normal again.
    MommyHannah

Answer by MommyHannah at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It was for me. Everything hurt for a while after. There's been a lot of action going on down there. It takes time to fully recover.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The healing process can last 6 to 8 weeks.It sounds like its just taking a little bit more time for you to heal completly. I dont think you should be concerned yet. If after the next couple of weeks the pain presist , then I'd go to the doctor.
    HappyMamaBear

Answer by HappyMamaBear at 10:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I had pain down there for a little over 6 weeks. My doc said it was normal. But I also had 3 tears (big big baby abd a doc that didn't agree with episiotomies (sp)
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• OP
    well i pushed for 4 hours and she still didn't come out. her head was turned sideways and they had to use the vacuum for her. she was 8lbs 8oz and i torn a whole bunch. i do believe they did the episiotomy too. there were many stitches. i was just wondering because it is still sore and it been almost 6 weeks. i can't even imagine trying to have sex yet because of the soreness.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009