What kind of party is nice for turning 30?

If you were turning 30 & wanted a party. What would you do for a theme and all? Any good ideas? Trouble is its in December. So booked places? Snow and issues are something to consider! Any good ideas? Thank you in advance for some good clever ideas!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmm i am about to turn 30 i was thinkin the cemetary theme. lol j/k
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• When I turned 30 a few years ago, I already had 2 kids, so I just invited our friends over, with all the kids, and we had a party in the garage. The kids had fun. The grown ups got to sit around talking. We had some good food. It was nice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Bowling? Its indoors, kids are welcome, you can have a few drinks, I said a few, cost can add up though.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• we just had a party for a friend of mine who turned 30. Her husband arranged it all. He sent her out for a massage in the morning, then the went out in the afternoon and that evening, hired a sitter to go out to dinner, where all her friends were waiting for the surprise. We just had tasteful decorations- nothing themed (but I think that would be fine if you knew what you wanted to do. word of advice- don't do a christmas-y theme for a dec birthday! we got enough of that growing up) anyway, after dinner, her husband left and we took her out to the bars. I personally would have skipped the bars because it was a little lame. maybe just drinking at the house you know? and we all pitched in and got her a gift certificate for a spa (we didn't know she had just gotten a massage!)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My friends had a dinner party for my 30th birthday. There were 3 couples, myself and husband included, and my 2 best friends and their husbands. Two of us had 3 month old babies we were nursing. We just got together at my one girlfriends house and she made a nice dinner and cake. All the kids were there. It was a nice party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• the last birthday party I had was when I was 11. That was 40 years ago.
    Anonymous