How Do You Deal?

What do you do when you realize your only purpose in life is to be a mom, at least for right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• You find something to do while being mommy. I have hobbies that I love that keep me sane. I sew, quilt, make jewelry. It gives me something to do that I am proud of and the kids love to help, as well. The army was wrong, being a mom is the toughest job you'll ever love!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have never felt it is my only purpose, but it certainly takes the vast majority of my time, at the moment! :-) It really is amazing to think that I am shaping 4 young lives that will one day be adults in this world! I sometimes wonder what kind of men and womnen they will be!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I love it!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I feel it was my calling, when I'm on a part time basis(when they all move away), I will then find my second calling..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Well, I figured that out BEFORE I got pregnant. And since I was okay with that, and wanted it, I then chose to get pregnant. My purpose in life isn't "just to be a mom" but to raise and teach my children. What greater purpose is there than teaching and loving the next generation?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• How do I deal? Being a mom is the most important job I could ever have! The people I raise will be a part of society one day. Who they are and how they impact society is a large part mine and my husbands responsibility. I know there is no guarentee but I have to give them the best opportunity possible, the best training in their charactor I can.

Remember how important your job is, find others who support you, ignore those who put you down, and enjoy these years!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I look at my life as having slammed into a brick wall while others are chugging forth in life.
    Anonymous

• you get over it and start sifting through you life to find out what u want to do and do it i felt this way a coupple of months ago and now im back in school to get my social work degree. Sometiems we feel this way when we hit a major milestone and hanve acheved what we want for me it was 28 years old i had a plan that i would have 2 kids my own place a full time career and be married by 28 HAHA im engaged a mommy or one and i work part time at a job. plans change we need to update our goals when our lofe changes we can still get where we want to go we jsut need to change the route
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 1:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I don't. I refuse to be only one thing. I think it's awesome that women love being a mom enough for it to be everything, but it's not enough for me.
    Right now, I'm volunteering to help me "deal." Next year, I will go back to work.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Deal? I thank god everyday that I got to have my kids, when Doctors told me I wouldn't and couldn't. I am grateful for every minute I get to spend in the lives of the children I didn't give birth to but call me Mom. I feel blessed everytime I hear an I Love You and even when I hear an I Don't Like You. It means I have the greatest job ever.

Sometimes the days are long and the laundry pile is high, but then I think about what the doctors told me, and I think about missing a pair of brown eyes and a pair of blue ones and I get moving. I have laundry to do.... for my kids... isn't it wonderful?
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 3:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2009