Have you ever secretly returned an item that your husband brought home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I have! Of course not ALWAYS secretly.... but I HAVE done it w/out telling him too. It was the Magic Bullet blender thingy that he picked up for me at Macys. He thought it looked good for me because I make a lot of smoothies for the kids but I despise making individual servings so it was not appealing to me. Since it was one of those, I just saw it and picked it up for you (he was there replacing a toaster I asked him to pick up for me and just saw it and surprised me), I didn't have the heart to tell him I thought it stunk! So I waited a while, then returned it. I hate being wasteful but would never have used it. Funny question, what's YOUR story anon op? Hmmmmm? : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• No. He brought it home and would notice if it was gone. If it needs to go back, I don't do it in secret.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah but not secretly. He got me an ironing board and spoons one year for Mother's Day. I was hurt at such a thoughtless gift. I even told him I would have loved just a card with a little note in it. It's been 10 years since then, we laugh about it now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• no, but I wish. My DH bought me earrings for $130 for my birthday. They arent exactly my style and I have only worn them 3 times. I feel bad, but they are kinda huge, and a little gaudy, but I wear them for him. Plus I have no where to go in such "nice" ear rings.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• absolutely! when rent is due, and my dirtbag ex would spend money on things- toys mainly (for himself- gaming systems, huge remote control cars, etc)...

presently, i know that i would NEVER return anything my lovely purchased, and frankly, wish he would spend more on things for his personal enjoyment- he simply will not spend frivolously.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I thought about taking my engagement ring back and getting it in yellow gold. He bought me white gold and I really love yellow. I kept it anyway.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• No. It seems that there are too many women keeping secrets from their husbands,too many questions about secrets. That's never a good thing.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I dont think I have. I guess he has good taste. He picked me didnt he? lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I havent yet. Though I wanted to a few times. He normally doenst buy me much so when he does he puts some thought in it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2009