if your water broke before labor began, let's share :) what was your experience? here's mine [just for fun]

i didn't expect my water to break before labor cuz i knew that the TV thing where the woman is in a crowded store when her bag ruptures and h20 floods the floor, and she immediately starts having intense contrax is relatively uncommon

but that was sort of what happened to me. i was 41 wks when my water broke in the shower. wasn't sure because of the shower! then i was leaking later when i was eating breakfast, & there was fluid in my robe. i did have crampiness all night the night b4

within an hour or 2 my labor was intense, and my contractions were coming fast! it was pretty painful but manageable w/o drugs.

then my son was born at 6:00 pm, with my water breaking around 9:00 am. so all-in-all, it was much shorter than i thought it would be. everything just went so fast!

i thought it might be cuz of my water breaking b4 because i have heard people say that after their water broke, their labor intensified and sped up

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My water broke and I didn't go into labor.
    I waited and waited.
    It was just... confusing.
    I had to wait for 8 days for a contraction.

With my next baby it was the opposite, almost born in the caul (broke at crowning).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my water broke at 37 wks. i was in the bed sleeping and i felt a little wet, i was like eww i peed myself. so i changed and went back in lay down again i got wet not much it was like a spot i chaged agian. bythe third time i wa slike wait a minute, either my water broke or my bladder. all this started at 5:am. i wnt to our other bathroom and sat there looking for a leak. an nothing i stood up and started to leak ,so i walked back to our room and i looked behing me and i had a little trail lol. i woke up hubby and he was like are you sure. we got ready and we wne to mcdonals i got to the hospital at 7 am. they werent sure thatmy water had broken until 10 am when the doc gave me a pelvic exam,. i was having no contractions so they gave me pitocin then i got my epi. this was at 11. i was 3 cm when i wnet in. i slept woke up at 6 cm and then 20 mts later i was 10cm. push for 6 mts, he was born at 4:34pm
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My water broke at 9:00pm and nothing happened. I called the doctor and they said go to the hospital. Still nothing. I stayed all night, no labor. In the morning they induced me. I had the baby at 4:20pm the next day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• well it was 5:00pm on a thursday when my water broke. my friend had text me asking me where the baby was lol since i was very over due. well right after that text it broke. i was sitting on the couch and jumped up and ran to the bathroom where my husband was on the toilet. i told him to hurry the F up lol. then he noticed i was soaked and knew it was time. since it was my first baby, i rushed to the hospital and they admitted me. they started me on pitocin and an epidural. but guess what?!?! my baby wasn't born til saturday morning!! 37 hours in labor and 2 epidurals (b/c the first wore off) but totally worth it. lilly was born at 8lbs 8oz.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• wow so i guess there goes my theory that my water breaking made my labor come on fast ! :) thanks for sharing ladies. i love to hear others' birth experiences.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My water broke. Waited. waited. nothing. So after trying to induce TWICE, I finally gave birth 36 hours later.
    texasmommy69

Answer by texasmommy69 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The breaking of the water is always thought of in the moves, water everywhere and intence labor, and then baby in the mater of a hour. Not so. Both my children my water broke. not the gushing but a little. since my kids sat on my bladder, I leaked a little, and that was what my water did mostly, till I smelt it and it was not urine. I had little contractions, but never intensified. had to have potosine with both. My second was the most funny one. It was Sunday morning, had a little contraction, mostly cramps help take funeral flowers for the companyI work for, then went to church, still, I didn't realy think it was. After church I went to the hospital and sure enought, after a quick test they told me it was my water. So once again Potocin and Wait, in the midle of the night my little guy came.
    Ferdymom

Answer by Ferdymom at 5:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009