families of prison guards -

I know a woman who says that she is dating a man who is a prison guard. She says he's in the hospital and might be dying. But that she can't go visit him, and neither can his mom or sister or anybody, because he's a prison guard. So they have guards outside his room so nobody can come in and hurt him and that means no visitors.

She is a nice lady but has made up stuff before. I haven't known her very long, but I am starting to find this hard to believe. I don't know if she's lying, or if he is maybe married and she doesn't know it, and he doesn't want her there. If you have a relative that works in a prison, are you allowed to visit them at the hospital?

btw - she lives in California.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have 2 cousins who are prison guards at maximun security prisons. Thankfully they have never been hospitalized for me to know. But I can't imagine why they would not be allowed visitors. Kinda sounds like this man she is dating might be married or involved with another woman for him not to want her to visit. He does'nt want to get busted!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If there is really guards it's to keep people that he might have pissed off out of his room. There probably isn't any guards unless whatever happened to him was some major event that everyone saw or something like that . The family can still see him. Anyone listed under his "emergency contacts" can see him.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My friend is a prison guard and he doesnt have restrictions like that. That is a very bizarre story she is telling and I cant imagine it being true. Maybe he is an inmate lol but not a guard!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• That's what I thought, too. Because he isn't in the hospital because of a prison related thing, she says he might have cancer and they have done operations and stuff. But the more she tells me the more I think she might be either being lied to by him or she is living in a fantasy or just plain old lying.

I did ask her if they could have a visitors list, because even celebrities and politicians can do that, but she said they say nobody.

I don't think he is an inmate, because she says that he works such long and weird hours, she can only see him like a few hours a week for a date. I wonder if he's married.
    I don't know. It just seemed weird to me, but I don't know anyone who works at a prison, so I didn't know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sounds like he's the inmate or married.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Wow, the hospital doesn't care where you work. They all have visiting hours. She's being hosed, somehow. Call the hospital directly and ask, then she'll know for sure.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• He might have cancer? He's had surgery and all those tests and she doesn't know? She is being fed a line or she's feeding you one. I wouldn't trust anything she says.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies. I was thinking the same thing you have all said. I just wanted to make sure because I don't know anyone who works in a prison so I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Now I know that someone in the situation is lying, I just don't know if it's her or him, but I'm starting to think it's both of them.
    Anonymous