Sleeping problems

we have been fighting with my 1.5 year old for about a month now...all of a sudden he doesnt want to sleep all night, he rarely naps and fights for hours to go to bed. I dont know if we arent stimulating him enough during the day, if hes just growing, teeth or what---but we have a new baby due in April...I am hoping to get him into a routine that he will follow by then...any advice?

chaoshappens

Asked by chaoshappens at 10:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep everything routine. Take a bath,brush the teeth, read a story. Do it the same time every night. Thats what we do and if for some reason we leave one of those out or we do it a lil earlier then normal it throws off everything.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We do a very strict routine also and if we don't do one of them or add to it, it throws my son off also. my son has always fought naps and bedtime though. We ended up having to let him cry. He is teething with his 2 yr molars right now which is a nightmare but about 18 months I started telling him exactly what is going on and it did help,. after his books I would say "ok, now you get to go to bed with your puppy and your beaver and your favorite blue blanket and you need to sleep ALL NIGHT long and in the morning, when you wake up, mommy will be here to get you and we will make PANCAKES oooh.... but you have to go to bed and mommy will see you in the morning." I would tuck him in give him a kiss and try to say it stern and "as a matter of fact" like.. it works most nights til recently during teething..loL!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2009