anyone elses kid put THEMSELVES on a schedule??

IDK how is happened. I just realized that she totally has a schedule. She falls asleep around 9, wakes up around 1 to eat, then she sleeps til around 7 0r 8. She takes a nap around 10 or 11 and then another one around 5. She will be 3 months old on the 5th of December. Did she just put herself on a sleeping schedule?? I don't think I did anything to put her on a schedule, I just let her sleep when she is tired and eat when she is hungry and what not.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup! My son was the same way from about 2 months til now, and he's 20 months old.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yep. It's actually normal for them to fall into a routine themselves. It's when parents try to force their own idea of a schedule on a baby that there are difficulties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• When they were that young, my kids kind of had their own routine, but we deffinately influenced it. Both my kids were sleeping through the night by then, and my son would take 3 two hour naps a day, that was awsome. My daughter would take 2 naps a day. Generally around the same time every day.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I agree it's normal. Some people just want the baby to be on THEIR schedule though. Poor babies.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My daughter scheduled herself at that age, she's almost seven months now and we had to modify "her" schedule because once we added spoon feedings there wasn't enough awake time for her to have all the feedings she needed. She slept so much.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes, children thrive on predictability and routine. Some do it themselves, some need a little guidance - but it's good for them and most of them will self establish a routine at some point

Answer by missanc at 12:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yep, most do this... in the same way that you probably have your own routines for daily life. Expect it to change frequently in the next 9 months though! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's very common for infants to put themselves on a schedule. It's great that you have a child who does have a schedule. Not all moms do, so enjoy it while she's on one. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009