Would you be more inclined to attend college more if they offered on-site childcare?

Have to do a paper for Congress in my public speaking class and thought the information I gathered and presented could be beneficial for parents and the college. Thank you for your answers.

MO_mom213011

Asked by MO_mom213011 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2009 in

• Yes
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The college I attended did have on-site childcare, but I didn't use it due to the cost as well as the waiting list. The fact that I couldn't afford the onsite childcare facility encouraged me to take a very heavy load and get through very quickly so I wouldn't be in that position again. I think a lower rate and more available on-site childacare facility would be helpful for some, but I also believe it would be abused by some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• definitely, i plan to start college in a jan and that would be amazing. i had to work out a four day thing with his dad, which is awesome bc his dad is a decent person and so is his stepmom, so i hope that works out for the better. i only have 14 months till i get my lpn and hoping to branch to rn, so i guess then i will have to talk to his dad about that.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would definitely have an easier time if the college I was looking at had a daycare. My husband works while I would be at school, and we don't have anyone else to babysit. It would also be much nicer, for me, if they were at my college's childcare. I could check up on them during any breaks I had, or have lunch with them, maybe. I think it would be great.
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 1:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah but for some even thats too expensive. My college actually has day care but they must be 2 and potty trained so not much helpt to those with infants. I have a 19mos old as well as a 5 and 6 yr old so I can't use the child care because the baby is too small.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Most of them do, the real question is can you request a spot for your child in advance (meaning plan ahead) and pay for it?
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 1:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No, it wouldn't affect my decision. I would be more interested in making sure the college had a good reputation for the degree that I wanted to attain. I can make other arrangements for my kids.

Answer by missanc at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would not. Who would be caring for my kids? Most likely, teenagers. No thanks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• we have certain colleges that offer childcare and when i get to go back to school i will be using the program.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010